Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Lunchbreak Musings Part I

This is something I wrote a loooong time ago during a lunch break at work, I just found it and thought to go ahead and post it up.  It'll be the first in a collection of "Lunchbreak Musings"--things I jotted down while I was on a break, or in and off moment at work:

"It seems funny driving around-realizing how little the things we consider important actually matter.  The guy tailgating me, the woman in front of me driving slowly with no headlights (I'd take someone speeding that I can see over someone slow that I can't any day!) are nothing in the context of eternal heaven and hell.  Take yourself out of the moment-people all around you, with their whole lives stretched out.  Some are going to hell--most, even--and some will God use in that way that He uses people--some grand, some small, all important.  Is tailgating a big deal?  People die and are born, lost are forever lost, saints are made and lives are changed and I am too wrapped up in my petty daily problems to see the larger picture.  Praise God that His patience is eternal for no human would have tolerated me this long.  I'm supposed to be not of this world and free of sin, yet I still feel like my old chains from when I was Satan's slave are holding me.  Slavery to sin is an inability to choose unselfishness, but we are now slaves to righteousness (Rom 6:18).  If we claim to know Him--we should keep His commandments (1Jn 2:3-4).  We should keep in mind the things of God--I am His servant (truthfully, His slave), bound to do all for His glory (1Co 10:31, 6:20).  Enough of failure--we are empowered to be victorious, and I will be.  Christians--we can shake the world for Christ once we wake up and keep our eyes on the throne--we are servants of God--slaves to His will.  There is a great peace and joy and honor in that position--let's be loyal ambassador's and show a new life to a world that thinks 'hypocrisy' when they hear 'Christian'."  

2 comments:

  1. Great Post bro!!! I can relate TOTALLY. You know well as everyone how I get wrapped in small things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, it's crazy....I've been gone for a little over 4 months now. I think about my life in Virginia often (mostly cause I can't find a job so I have lots of time to think). I miss my friends and, believe it or not, I miss the bookstore. During my time away I have been convicted of how much I was disobedient during my time there. I wish I could be back in the environment of the bookstore with this new perspective. Like you were saying Anthony, there is really so much to be thankful for and more important things to concern ourselves with than the trivial issues that come up on a daily basis. I miss you guys and I pray that God will use your time there in greater ways than you could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete